In computer engineering has load-store unit is a Specialized execution unit responsible for executing all load and store instructions, Generating virtual addresses of load and store operations    and loading data from memory or Storing it back to memory from registers . 
The load-store unit is normally used for the purpose of memory, and the unit is independently of other processor units. 
Load-store units may also be used in vector processing , and in such cases the term “load-store vector” may be used. 
Some load-stores are also capable of executing simple fixed-point and / or integer operations.
- Address generation unit
- Arithmetic logic unit
- Floating point unit
- Load / store architecture
- Jump up^ “IBM POWER8 core processor microarchitecture (PDF Download Available)” . ResearchGate .
- Jump up^ “Structure of Computer Systems” (PDF) . Users.utcluj.ro . p. 320 . Retrieved 2017-06-23 .
- Jump up^ “ARM Information Center” . infocenter.arm.com .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Memory Systems: Cache, DRAM, Disk by Bruce Jacob Spencer Ng, David Wang 2007 ISBN 0123797519 page 298
- Jump up^ Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approachby John L. Hennessy, David A. Patterson 2011ISBN 012383872XPages 293-295