The Eve V is the first-ever crowd-developed computer   . It was designed to compete with 2-in-1 detachable convertibles like the Microsoft Surface Pro by a Finnish startup company Eve-Tech  through a community effort. The device features a 64-bit version of the Windows 10 operating system, which offers users no bloatware attached  . The device is scheduled to be launched on December 4, 2017.
The Eve V was developed with a team of enthusiasts collaborating globally with Eve-Tech  . The device was successfully funded through pre-orders on the crowdfunding platform Indiegogo successfully, reaching their funding goal in the quickest ever time of 4 minutes  .
The Eve V shares some of its design features with those of other Microsoft Surface Pro  . The device, however, features a sleeker, Scandinavian design aluminum body which is 0.89 cm thick  . The device comes with a kit that includes a stylus pen and an Alcantara-covered keyboard and ships worldwide  .
The device boasts a 12.3 inch Sharp IGZO LCD, 2880×1920 resolution display with a 1: 1500 contrast ratio, 400 nits brightness and an Anti-Reflective coating for improved visibility and screen clarity. Eve V runs an Intel Core m3, i5, or i7 (up to 3.6 GHz) processor with a 16 GB LPDDR3 RAM and a 512 GB solid-state drive storage unit, in the high-end version of the device. Distinct to Eve V device is the kickstand that can be extended to the back end of the device to allow the Eve V to stand in a variety of angles as well as the kickstand  .
Along the sides of Eve is a variety of ports that allow great functionality and connectivity. There are two USB 3.0 ports, a USB-C 3.1 port and a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port. Furthermore, the device has a standard 3.5mm audio jack and a microSDXC reader. The battery capacity is the largest ever in a class of its class. Eve V also features a fingerprint scanner on the power button, located on the right side of the device, and a non-standard perks  .
The Eve is operating with Windows 10 operating system across all devices globally. A Windows 10 Pro upgrade version is also available as an upgrade 
- Jump up^ GQ Lifestyle Magazine | 10 Coolest things this month28-06-2017; Retrieved on 29-06-2017.
- Jump up^ Eve Community Digest | Eve-Tech.
- Jump up^ ARK | Intel® Core ™ M3-7Y30 Processor (4M Cache, 2.60 GHz). Ark.intel.com. Retrieved on 04-06-2017.
- Jump up^ ARK | Intel® Core ™ i5-7Y54 Processor (4M Cache, 3.20 GHz). Ark.intel.com. Retrieved on 04-06-2017.
- Jump up^ ARK | Intel® Core ™ i7-7Y75 Processor (4M Cache, 3.60 GHz). Ark.intel.com. Retrieved on 04-06-2017.
- Jump up^ The Eve V came from nowhere to challenge the Surface Pro | Engadget06-02-2017; Retrieved on 06-04-2017
- Jump up^ Eve V: The First-Ever Crowd Developed Computer | Indiegogo.
- Jump up^ Laptop Mag | The First Ever Crowd-Sourced 2-in-105-04-2016; Retrieved on 02-08-2017
- Jump up^ ZD Net | Windows 10 contender Eve V fleshes out its design03-11-2016; Retrieved on 25-06-2017
- Jump up^ Tech Radar | From Parts to Product – Eve V10-05-2016; Retrieved on 14-02-2017
- Jump up^ Tom’s Hardware | Eve-Tech Launches Pre-Orders For The Hivemind-Designed ‘Eve V’ Hybrid21-11-2016; Retrieved on 21-06-2017
- Jump up^ Geek Time | How Helsinki’s Eve V Could Rival Apple12-12-2016; Retrieved on 25-01-207
- Jump up^ Business Insider | Intel backs Eve V22-11-2016; Retrieved on 24-03-2017
- Jump up^ CNET | Eve V Preview29-05-2017; Retrieved on 12-06-2017
- Jump up^ The Verge | The Microsoft Tablet Will not Make – Eve V29-05-2017; Retrieved on 12-06-2017
- Jump up^ Science World Report | Eve V Laptop Hybrid, Advantages Over Microsoft01-06-2017; Retrieved on 12-06-2017
- Jump up^ Recombu | Eve V Hands On Review02-06-2017; Retrieved on 12-06-2017
- Jump up^ Beat Venture | Mac Users Opting For Windows 2-in-1 – Eve V23-11-2016; Retrieved on 21-01-2017