Digital Interactive Systems Corporation (or DISCover ) is a company specializing in gaming technology for PCs. They are the creators of the DISCover technology qui allow PC games to be played like a game console video . The technology, which features the “Drop and Play” engine, auto-plays CDs or DVDs and automata scripts for installing and updating games.  Consoles with the engine connected to the Internet for game updates.  This technology debuted at the 2003 Electronic Entertainment Expo . 
Machines using DISCover technology include the Apex Extreme ,  Alienware DHS 2  and DHS 5. 
In August 2007, DISCover announced that their Hardcore White-Label Gaming System, or HAWGS, would be used for FiringSquad’s Ammo digital distribution service.  The following month, on September 2007, the company disclosed the InstaPlay desktop client, which improves the ease of use for accessing games.  DISCover chief executive officer David Ferrigno addressed Instaplay concerns and comparisons with other digital distribution services such as Direct2Drive and Steam . 
- Media center (disambiguation)
- Jump up^ Kyle Ackerman. “Digital Interactive Systems Corp. and DISCover PC Game Consoles” . Frictionless Insight.
- Jump up^ Tor Thorsen. “Q & A: Loren Kaiser on the DISCover engine” . GameSpot.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “DISCover PC Game Consoles Interview” . Hell gamers.
- Jump up^ “DISCover” . Dark Watcher’s Console History.
- Jump up^ “We ask on-demand: Alienware DHS 2 series” . CNet.
- Jump up^ “Alienware DHS 5 series media center” . Digital Trends.
- Jump up^ DISCover Press Release. “DISCover’s HAWGS (TM) to Power PC Game Downloads for FiringSquad.com” . Forbes.com. [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “DISCover’s InstaPlay To Launch Console-Style PC Games” . Gamasutra.
- Jump up^ Christophor Rick. “DISCover more about InstaPlay – Part 2 (Interview)” . Generation: Gamerz. Archived from the original on 2007-10-24.